Conventional business models are not working well in many rural communities today. In fact, many rural communities are collapsing as young professionals take jobs in the cities. Yet rural communities offer some of the most ideal locations for restoring good health and growing good food.
If we are going to build healthy food systems at any scale, we need to create systems in which rural agriculture and the people who support it can thrive. We need to embrace new ideas. We also needed to repurpose old ones.
Direct marketing through multi-level affiliates is an old business model that was initiated in the Americas more than a century ago. Prior to the digital era, direct marketing was best characterized by house parties and home visits, but today the approach has changed. Financial experts like Robert Kiyosaki, author of the best seller, Rich Dad, Poor Dad, have identified multi-level marketing as one of the best ways that people of limited means can generate significant income.
Now, this does not mean that everyone who joins an MLM is going to make big money. The reality is, most members do not. Most members aren’t willing to devote the time and energy necessary to build a multi-million dollar empire. But many members make a little money and save on purchases. They also build networks (some call this network marketing) that open other doors and create new kinds of opportunities.
We choose our affiliates for a number of reasons. A few of these are listed below.
- We like the products. Affiliation allows us to offer high quality nutrition products for people, pets, plants, and soil. In fact, our multi-level marketing affiliate’s founder once studied under the reknown soil scientist, William Albrecht, whose efforts to understand healthy soils as a source of good nutrition has influenced our own vision. Today, the rapidly expanding product base extends beyond nutrition.
- We like the people. We’ve been very fortunate to join a team of practical, down-to-earth members who value healthy people and healthy soils. Let’s face it. Making healthy choices in a fast food world is hard for everyone. By affiliating with a company that builds networks of people who already understand the soil-health connection, it becomes easy to connect with experts that help us grow.
- We can generate diverse income streams in a changing world. Farming is risky business. So is privately funded online education. We love what we do enough that we want to keep doing it for years to come. But by starting an orchard from scratch, we know it will be years until we see our first paycheck. We also know that late freezes, hailstorms, and changing government regulations are threats to success that we have little control over.
- A successful farm, is a successful business. As such, it requires multiple income streams. As a small business in a rural community, we know we must wear a lot of hats. By offering affiliate links, we can serve clients natural health needs year round. We can build networks that value healthy food. We can also maintain active connections with people beyond our community. These connections keep us abreast of new trends.
- Affiliates serve our clients in ways that we cannot. We do our best to understand your needs and interests. We can address a lot of questions about soil health, crop health, microbial community/microbiome health, and even your health. But we can’t answer all your questions, and we can’t began to stock all the products and inventory you might need to implement healthier practices. By pointing you to affiliates we have built relationships with, we can help you find more of the tools you need.
- Affiliates networks form assets we can pass to the next generation. Everything we do at End-O-Fite serves a dual purpose. We want to build healthy soils and healthy people today. We also want to leave a better future for those who follow. An affiliate network is an asset that provides not only financial benefits, but also a connection to a community that values and supports healthy, independent living.
Contact Mary to learn more about marketing through our affiliate.
If this is the right model for you, please join us by signing up below.Join Us