TOTAL NUTRITION BEGINS IN THE SOIL
Healthy food starts with healthy soil. We encourage all who are serious about good nutrition to grow at least some of their own food, because when you experience food grown at home in healthy soil, you develop a better understanding of the relationship between soil health, plant health, and your health. Our soil health consultations can help you recognize soil and microbial community characteristics that support healthy crops with minimal inputs.
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.”― Hippocrates
If we want to solve the health care crisis that is reducing our quality of life and bankrupting hard-working families, we need to resolve the nutritional crisis that plagues modern soils and food systems. Consumers need to go beyond reading labels to learn how their food is produced, and how production practices influence nutrition. Consumers need to be more supportive of those growers who care for their soils. Voters need to be more aware of the many ways that policies and regulations are reducing food quality in the name of food safety. Changing a system as complex and as heavily regulated as our agricultural system takes time. The guidelines below whill help you enjoy good nutrition today.
SIMPLE GUIDELINES TO ENJOY SUPERB NUTRITION TODAY:
- Good nutrition begins in the soil, and reaches its peak when crops are harvested ripe. However, supermarket produce is often harvested green to ensure a longer shelf life. Nutrients these foods contain begin degrading upon harvest. So by the time the food has arrived on the shelf at your supermarket, valuable nutrients have disappeared. This is why it is so important to eat fresh, locally grown, foods harvested from healthy soils. Keeping a vegetable garden is the best way to ensure that food you are buying is fresh. Check out our grower services.
- Buy direct from growers who manage for healthy crops, healthy soils, or healthy livestock. Farmer’s markets offer good opportunities to meet and buy from growers in your area.
- When you must use packaged or processed foods or supplements, learn about the processor. What ingredients are they using? How do they source their ingredients? How much information do they provide consumers? Remember, consumer concerns drive all industries. Don’t limit your nutritional knowledge to reading labels. Let your food service providers know that nutrition matters to you. Try 90 for Life Supplements from Youngevity
- Recognize that healthy diets may not be enough to ensure that your body receives good nutrition.
- Medications, recreational drugs and alcohol, environmental toxins, and exposure to excess radiation can disrupt the microbial and cellular metabolic processes that deliver nutrients to your cells, tissues, and organs.
- Environmental damage, soil deficiencies, and food processing procedures can all limit the nutritional quality of our foods.
- By addressing universal health concerns like nutrition, pain, inflammation, cellular stress, and detox with microbiome friendly alternatives, the need for medications can be reduced. Schedule a consultation to learn how you can that minimize toxin exposures and restore important functions to damaged microbiomes. Do talk to your medical doctor before making any changes in your prescription drug choices.
- We do not provide medical advice, and we do not diagnose, treat, prevent, or cure disease. Our nutritional approach is grounded in cell biology, microbial ecology, and environmental science principles that have not been evaluated by the FDA or other regulatory agencies.
- When supplements are necessary to address nutrient deficiencies, choose whole food and complex trace mineral supplements from natural sources.
- We offer free consultations to discuss safe nutritional based options for general health.
- We offer nutritional tools for managing pain, inflammation, cellular stress, detox, and more.
- Our supplements are provided through direct marketing affiliates that excel in nutrition from the soil to the gut.