Click on the Podcast Player to hear Dr. Mary Lucero and co-host Tony Pragner discuss the interplay between microbes and minerals that is necessary for good nutrition.
- The components nutritionists call “minerals” are what chemists call “elements.”
- Mineral nutrients come from the soil, air, and water plants grow in.
- Even if you don’t eat plants, the minerals in the meat you eat originate in the soil and pass through plants.
- Not every soil contains the minerals you need.
- Minerals in the soil are made available to plants when microbes modify them.
- Supplements are useful because we can’t guarantee that all the food we consume has all the minerals we need to be healthy.
- The loss of minerals from soil was recognized decades ago by Dr. Joel Wallach, a veterinarian and naturopathic doctor. Dr. Wallach founded the company, Youngevity, and we are Youngevity members.
- Support our efforts to build healthy food networks when you shop for mineral nutrients and more in our Youngevity Store.
- If you learned about us from another Youngevity distributor, please support our team integrity by purchasing from the person who referred you.